NOAA Boulder offers weekly tours to the public. Please visit the tour page for more details.
Security Procedures for Visitors
- Visitors are required to sign in and receive a visitor badge from the Visitors Center.
- U.S. Citizens: must present a U.S. photo ID, such as a current state driver's license.
- NOTE: Effective July 21, 2014, under the REAL ID Act of 2005, federal agencies can only accept a state-issued driver's license or identification card for access to federal facilities if issued by states that are REAL ID compliant or have an extension. You can find additional details on the DHS web site.
- Other accepted forms of ID include:
- Passport card
- DOD CAC card
- Federal Agency HSPD-12 IDs
- Veterans ID
- Military ID
- Military Dependents ID
- Trusted Traveler card - Global Entry, SENTRI, or NEXUS
- Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Foreign Nationals must present a valid passport or a permanent resident ID ("green card").
- All IDs must be originals only – no photocopies accepted.
- To receive a visitor badge, all visitors are required to park next to the Visitors Center and enter. Security personnel will make a badge and conduct screening. Security personnel will also inspect vehicles prior to entrance of the site.
- These are our requirements as per Homeland Security regardless of security threat level. If you have any questions, please contact Matthew Snyder, Deputy Chief of Police, 303-497-5236.
Directions David Skaggs Research Center
ESRL is located in the David Skaggs Research Center (DSRC) at 325 Broadway, in Boulder, Colorado, next to the Department of Commerce National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) building.
Driving Directions from DIA
- Exit Denver International Airport via Peña Boulevard.
- Take Peña Boulevard to I-70 West.
- Split right on I-270 North (Exit 279), toward Ft. Collins and follow across I-25 to US-36 toward Boulder.
- Take US-36 (Boulder Turnpike) West.
- Exit US-36 at Baseline Road (University of Colorado Main Campus exit).
- Keep left and turn left (West) onto Baseline.
- Keep left and turn left at the first light onto 27th Way.
- Stay in the middle lane and turn left onto Broadway.
- Take the second right at the light onto Rayleigh Rd. and bear right into the Visitors Center parking lot.
- Exit Peña Boulevard at E-470 and follow to US-36. Current toll information can be found at: www.expresstoll.com/.
Regional bus service to Boulder is available through the Regional Transportation District (RTD). The AB bus provides service between Boulder and the Denver International Airport. The FF buses provide regional service between Denver and Boulder from the Broadway & Baseline and Broadway & Dartmouth stops. Broadway & Rayleigh Road is the closest stop to the Visitors Center and is served by the Skip and Dash bus routes. The Flatiron Park-n-Ride (Broadway & 27th Way) is nearby and additionally served by the Bound route.
By Airport Shuttle
Green Ride, 303-997-0238, provides service from the airport to locations in Boulder.
- Boulder Convention & Visitors Bureau lodging information. Some hotels close to NOAA Boulder are:
- Boulder Convention & Visitors Bureau listing of restaurants in Boulder.
Please check the National Weather Service forecast for Boulder, Colorado before your trip. If there is a chance that severe weather may close the campus, check the Boulder Labs Site Status website or call 303-497-4000.