NOAA-EPA Brewer Spectrophotometer UV and Ozone Network
Offsets in the UV data measurements from colocated instruments, and calibration drifts have prompted us to sequester all historic and present NEUBrew UV data files. We are currently working to determine the cause of the discrepancies, and working on a new linear interpolated calibration processing algorithm to address the calibrarion issues in the UV datasets. 2018-11-01
UV calibrations were recently completed at Boulder's Table Mountain Test Facility on Nov 19, 2015 for Brewer instruments #134, #139, and #141. Also, UV calibration was completed for Brewer #146 located at Niwat Ridge, CO on Nov 23, 2015. UV product datasets for these two stations have been reprocessed from the calibrations dates to present and are now available for download. 2015-11-30
UV calibrations were recently completed at Bondville, IL (Aug 25, 2015) and FT. Peck, MT (Sep 23, 2015). UV product datasets for these two stations have been reprocessed from the calibrations dates to present and are now available for download. 2015-09-30
Refurbishment of the NEUBrew Network instruments has completed. As part of the servicing, the UG11 - Nickel Sulfate combination filter package in filter wheel #3 was replaced by a newer more thermally stable UG11 - UVC-7 combination filter from Inrad Optics. Brewers BR141 and BR146 still use the original Nickel Sulfate filter. All the instruments were calibrated for ozone by Volodya Savastiouk of International Ozone Services (IOS) on October 28, 2014. Instruments were re-deployed to the field and calibrated for UV on the following dates.
|Brewer||Field Station||Re-Deploy Date||UV Calib Date|
|BR134||Boulder, CO||Nov 1, 2014||Apr 7, 2015|
|BR141||Boulder, CO||Nov 1, 2014||Apr 7, 2015|
|BR140||Raleigh, NC||Nov 18, 2014||Nov 19, 2014|
|BR144||Bondville, IL||Nov 20, 2014||Nov 21, 2014|
|BR146||Niwot Ridge, CO||Oct 29, 2014||Oct 30, 2014|
|BR147||Fort Peck, MT||Nov 4, 2014||Nov 5, 2014|
|BR154||Houston, TX||Nov 12, 2014||Nov 12, 2014|
NEUBrew website modifications include:
- Controlled access to the data and products. To access and download products data files, users will need to complete a brief registration and create a user name and password.
- OMPS satellite O3 data and co-located Dobson (Boulder, CO only) data are now available for plot comparisons.
- OMI and OMPS satellite total column ozone time series for user specified lat/lon and time range can be downloaded or plotted. This has changed the URL format for OMI data retrieval from this site. Please see http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/grad/neubrew/SatO3DataTimeSeries.jsp for more info.
- NEUBrew ozone Langley Regression Analysis Tool has been resurrected and revised.
- The DOY calendar has been updated to add display of Microsoft Epoch day numbers.
The NOAA/EPA Brewer Spectrophotometer Network consists of six stations located in the western,
central and eastern United States. Brewer instruments provide daily Ultra-Violet (UV)
Radiation and Total-Column Ozone measurements. Many Brewers are co-located at NOAA SURFRAD
stations equipped with
Total Surface Radiation Budget instrumentation, and
Total Sky Imagers.
NEUBrew Station Deployments:
|TMTF, CO||July 1, 2006|
|Houston, TX||July 24, 2006|
|MRS, CO||Oct 25, 2006|
|Bondville, IL||Sep 25, 2006|
|Raleigh, NC||Oct 13, 2006|
|Ft. Peck, MT||Nov 07, 2006|