- Evapotranspiration and evaporative demand
- Drought monitoring and early warning
- Secular and climate-scale hydrologic trends
- Land surface-atmosphere interactions
- Drivers of hydrologic spatio-temporal variability
- Ph.D., Hydrology, Colorado State University, Dec 2004
- M.S., Hydrology, Colorado State University, May 2000
- B.Sc., Civil Engineering, University of Leeds (U.K.), Jul 1989
- American Geophysical Union
- American Meteorological Society (AMS)
- International Association of Hydrological Sciences
- AMS Hydrology Committee
- Colorado State University faculty affiliate
Honors and Awards
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) Superior Paper Award for paper: “The variability of ASCE Standardized Reference Evapotranspiration: a rigorous, CONUS-wide decomposition and attribution,” 2017.
- Gary Comer Abrupt Climate Change Fellowship, 2005 – 2008.
- NSF Computer Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Scholarship, 2002.
- H. W. Shen Water Resources Graduate Award, Colorado State University, 2001.
- Best M.S. Student Paper Award at 19th Annual AGU Hydrology Days conference, 1999