We have transitioned the data files from netCDF3 to netCDF4-classic format on Monday Oct 20th, 2014.
at the NOAA/ESRL Physical Sciences Division
This page points you to information on the NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis project and the implementation of a netCDF-based, Internet-accessible, data service at NOAA/ESRL PSD for this set of data products.
- The 6-hourly and daily data currently available on-line.
- The monthly and other derived data currently available on-line.
- Please read the problem list.
- Reanalysis problems list (Dec 17, 2017)
- Description of data on-line at PSD (Apr 15, 2016)
- Tips for reading the data files.
Links to other NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis sites:
- NCEP Environmental Modeling Center Home Page
- The NCEP Reanalysis Page at NOAA CPC.
- Reanalysis Model Parameters
- The Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society article (March 1996) describing the project.
- Pentad-means of some important NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis variables provide by JIASO at the University of Washington.
Links to Other Reanalysis Projects
- Reanalysis.org: A complete link to reanalysis datasets, information, models, etc. Hosted by CU/CIRES.
- NCAR/UCAR Climate Data Guide: Atmospheric reanalysis: overview & comparison tables
For more information, contact:
Physical Sciences Division: Data Management
Boulder, CO 80305-3328