Maximilian Maahn joined PSD's Polar Observations and Processes (POP) Team in March 2016. Max's main research interests include enhancing radar observations of polar clouds and precipitation and understanding how clouds are influenced by aerosols through surface- and in-situ observations. Currently, he is investigating how local emissions from industrial facilities in Alaska can modify cloud properties.
Read more about Max's background and work at the website of the ARM program
- Remote Sensing
- Cloud Physics
- Polar Regions
- Retrieval Development
- Ph.D. (Dr. rer. nat.), Meteorology, University of Cologne, Germany, Jan 2015, kups.ub.uni-koeln.de/6002.
- M.Sc. (Dipl.-Met.), Meteorology, Bonn University, Germany, Nov 2010
- Member ARM User Executive Committee
- Associate Editor: Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology
- Reviewer (proposals): DOE Atmospheric System Research program
- Conference Program Committee Member: AMS 38th Conference on Radar Meteorology 2017, 9th European Conference on Radar in Meteorology 2016
- Organizer: Young Scientists Networking Meeting at the AMS 38th Conference on Radar Meteorology 2017
- Python Optimal Estimation Library
- Improved Mrr Processing Tool
- & Passive and Active Microwave TRAnsfer model