MJO (Madden Julian Oscillation)
|An All-season Real-time Multivariate MJO Index||Forecast and monitoring plots of the MJO that utilize and empirically derived structure of the MJO based on historic data.|
|Adrian Matthews MJO page||A very complete page with MJO description, current research topics, illustrations and animations from Adrian Matthews at the University of East Anglia.|
|MJO monitoring page|
|U of Wyoming MJO tutorial.||A tutorial on the MJO with schematics, a brief history and a bibliography on the phenomenon.|
|NOAA/ESRL PSD spotlight articleMJO tutorial.||The MJO and it's affect on the onset of an El Niño event.|
- PSD maproom
- Includes maps of many variables for many different variables and time scales. Includes links to MJO Composites along with many other climate/weather variables.
- Interactive MJO composites
- Choose MJO to get list of high/low MJO activity days. Use these days on the page daily compoaise page to obtain composites for different variables.
- Time Section Plots
- Plots time/latitude and time/longitude plots of NCEP reanalysis and operational data. Plots means and anomalies.
- Plots daily data
- Plots maps or crossections of daily and daily averaged data. Includes anomalues, means and climos. Inlludes OLR