El Niño/Southern Oscillation Education Resources
- El Niño page for students from NOAA's OAR
Today El Niño Resources and FAQ.
Answers to many questions about El Niño.
- El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) from the National Geographic Encylopedia.
An extrended encyclopedia entry on what the ENSO cycle is, how it is monitored, and its impacts.
- History of the Southern Oscillation Index
- El Niño
Teaching Module from University of Illinois
A very well-done, comprehensive tutorial on ENSO, related ocean/atmosphere climate processes, and the impact of ENSO. Suitable for high school, college and teachers.
- El Niño Essentials from the IRI (International Research Institute for Climate and Society).
A summary of the El Niño/La Niña cycle.
- Climate Prediction Center (CPC) ENSO Tutorial
- Global Patterns - El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) from the state climate office of North Carolina