Restrictions | Details | Caveats | File Naming | Citation | References | Original Source | Contact
NCEP-DOE Reanalysis 2: Summary
- pressure level, sigma levels and single level files.17 pressure levels (hPa): 1000, 925, 850, 700, 600, 500, 400, 300, 250, 200, 150, 100, 70, 50, 30, 20, 10
The NCEP-DOE Reanalysis 2 descriptions are subdivided into separate files
- Search all of the NCEP-DOE Reanalysis 2 available at PSD.
- Search the NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis2 4x daily data available at PSD.
- Search the NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis2 daily average data available at PSD.
- The NCEP-DOE Reanalysis 2 project is using a state-of-the-art analysis/forecast system to perform data assimilation using past data from 1979 through the previous year. A large subset of this data is available from PSD in its original 4 times daily format and as daily averages.
- Bad MSLP.
The MSLP data in the NetCDF files representing 2004 values that were added to our archives in early April, 2004, were done incorrectly. The source data from NCEP were fine; it was a processing error here. This was corrected late on 2005/06/23. If you have downloaded 2004 MSLP data from us at any of the three temporal frequencies, you are strongly urged to reacquire the data.
- Bad skin temperatures in 1982.
The skin temperature (variable name skt) for 1982 had bad data. These data were updated late on 2003/05/14 based on new GRIB file from NCEP. All three temporal frequencies were affected and thus updated.
- Please note: If you acquire NCEP_Reanalysis 2 data products from PSD, we ask that you acknowledge us in your use of the data. This may be done by including text such as NCEP_Reanalysis 2 data provided by the NOAA/OAR/ESRL PSD, Boulder, Colorado, USA, from their Web site at http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/ in any documents or publications using these data. We would also appreciate receiving a copy of the relevant publications. This will help PSD to justify keeping the NCEP_Reanalysis 2 data set freely available online in the future. Thank you!
- NCEP-DOE AMIP-II Reanalysis (R-2): M. Kanamitsu, W. Ebisuzaki, J. Woollen, S-K Yang, J.J. Hnilo, M. Fiorino, and G. L. Potter. 1631-1643, Nov 2002, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.
- NOAA National Centers for Environmental Predictions
Physical Sciences Division: Data Management
Boulder, CO 80305-3328