The NOAA Integrated Dissemination Program (IDP) NextGen IT Web Services (NGITWS) Project will provide enhanced weather forecast information required for integration into an air traffic management system. This investment supports aviation industry and stakeholders including the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
Under the direction of the IDP NextGen IT Web Services Project Manager, with oversight from the IDP Program Manager, GSD shall provide subject matter expertise and engineering support for the tasks listed below pursuant to meeting the following high-level project objectives:
- Implement an Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)-compliant net-centric weather information dissemination capability to fulfill NWS' role in the congressionally-mandated NextGen directive.
- Improve access and delivery of data (weather, water, climate, and environmental) to stakeholders (internal and external) using national and international systems and standards.
- Provide common access for internal and external users to discover and retrieve NOAA weather data.
- Leverage common IDP infrastructure to reduce redundant implementation of IT subsystems.
- Provide a standards.based, general Web Services capability positioned to support wider NOAA dissemination service needs.
Support shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Provide subject matter expertise and engineering support for the design, development, test, and implementation of the IDP NextGen IT Web Services system.
- Provide subject matter expertise in all aspects of the proposed system, including but not limited to data discovery, ingest, decoding, storage, sub-setting, filtering, encoding, gridded transformations, format conversion, Web Coverage Service (WCS), Web Feature Service (WFS), Web Map Service (WMS), and pub/sub.
- Provide subject matter expertise and engineering support for the interconnection and data exchange between the IDP NextGen IT Web Services system and the Meteorological Assimilation Data Ingest System (MADIS).
- Support the preparation of required documentation, including but not limited to Product Description Documents (PDDs), Web Service Description Documents (WSDDs), and Web Service Description Language (WSDL) document(s).
- Review and provide feedback on project team deliverables including XML schema, metadata records, and documentation.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and updating of project management artifacts, including but not limited to progress reporting, tracking, plans for ongoing and future work, risk/issue tracking, and schedule.
- At the request of the NextGen IT Web Services Project Manager, provide documentation to support briefings to the IDP Manager.
- Participate in IDP NextGen IT Web Services Project and technical interchange meetings.
- Travel as needed
|G.1||Status Report||Project Manager||Monthly|
|G.2||Project Related Expense Report||Project Manager||Monthly|
|Item||Description||Contract Period||Estimated Duration|
|1.||Provide subject matter expertise and engineering support...||Ongoing||Ongoing|
|2.||Provide subject matter expertise in all aspects of the proposed system...||Ongoing||Ongoing|
|3.||Provide subject matter expertise and engineering support...||Ongoing||Ongoing|
|4.||Support the preparation of required documentation...||Ongoing||Ongoing|
|5.||Review and provide feedback on project team deliverables...||Ongoing||Ongoing|
|6.||Perform ongoing maintenance and updating of project management artifacts...||Ongoing||Ongoing|
|7.||At the request of the NextGen IT Web Services Project Manager, provide documentation to support briefings...||Ongoing||Ongoing|
|8.||Participate in IDP NextGen IT Web Services Project and technical interchange meetings.||Ongoing||Ongoing|
|9.||Travel as needed.||Ongoing||Ongoing|