- What is the impact of stratosphere-to-troposphere transport of ozone on air quality in the San Joaquin Valley (SJV)?
- How does long-range transport of pollution and biomass burning plumes from Asia affect ozone levels in the SJV?
- Where do the elevated ozone layers in the SJV originate and how do they evolve?
- Which mechanisms are responsible for the high ozone levels in Sequoia NP?
- What is the impact of fires on ozone in the SJV (Soberanes Fire, controlled burns)?
- What is the influence of intra-state transport of ozone on air quality in the SJV?
- How does the boundary layer (BL) in the SJV evolve and to what degree does entrainment of lower free tropospheric air affect SJV surface ozone levels?
- How well do air quality models represent ozone transport on synoptic, regional, and local scales?