WP-3D X-Chat Info
X-Chat is used to communicate between the WP-3D and the ground during flights for SENEX. A chat log [TXT file] of the #senex channel is written once a minute. Refresh the browser to get updates of the chat session.
Download the Mac OSX: X-Chat Aqua version 0.16.0 client free (tested on 10.6 and 10.8).
- Add a new Server to the Server List
- Connection Options
- On Join Channel #senex
Hostname: flightscience.noaa.gov (184.108.40.206 on the AOC network in Tampa, 220.127.116.11 outside AOC)
check Auto connect
uncheck Bypass global proxy server
check Use SSL
check Accept invalid SSL certificates
Server password: T@bleT0p (second to last character is zero)
- Add a new Server to the Network List
- Change the default newserver/6667 to flightscience.noaa.gov/59999 (18.104.22.168/59999 on the AOC network in Tampa, 22.214.171.124/59999 outside AOC)
- check Auto connect
- check Use global user information
- check Use SSL
- check Accept invalid SSL certificates
- Channels to join: #senex
- Server password: T@bleT0p (second to last character is zero)
Once connected, type messages for all connected users to see.
To type a command, precede the command with /
For example to join a channel:
or for command help:
In the SENEX channel during a flight, the user "aocbot1" keeps the log.
To view the flight log, Control-click (Mac OSX) or Right-click (Windows) on aocbot1
Select "Open dialog window" and in that new window, enter replay commands
For example for the last 10 lines of chat:
replay 10 lines of #senex
or for the the last 5 minutes of chat:
replay 5 minutes of #senex