« Project Status: 2 March 2007 (Friday) | Main | Project Status: 4 March 2007 (Sunday) »

Project Status: 3 March 2007 (Saturday)

The American River Basin is in for a pleasant day today with clouds building tomorrow then clearing through Monday.

The next shot at an event is Tuesday evening (00Z Wednesday), but at this time the models have it weakening. There is one interesting aspect to this event in that it will be a warm system and there is still a considerable amount of snow at lower elevations.

Decisions concerning a possible IOP#8 on Tuesday into Wednesday will depend on the forecast (at present it is marginal so d(model)/dt is important) and the status of the sounding system at Sloughhouse (see below).

Instrument Status:
We're still debugging the Sloughhouse sounding data system which has been acting up. We might be able to borrow a spare data system from within PSD but this is pending some additional tests. Timing is a factor (will we have enough time to get the borrowed system out there for the next IOP?)...

The SMART-R should be well on its way to OK by now (if it is not already there). So no more special radar operations for this year.

T. Schneider

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/300