The ESRL website will be unavailable for 24 hours starting Friday, March 6th at 5:00pm MT due to building maintenance.
- Dabberdt, W. F., T. W Schlatter. F. H. Carr, E. W. J. Friday, D. Jorgensen, S. Koch, M. Pirone, F. M. Ralph, J. Sun, P. Welsh, J. W. Wilson, and X. Zou, 2005: Multifunctional Mesoscale Observing Networks. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 86, 961-982.
- Matrosov, S. Y., D. E. Kingsmill, B. E. Martner, and F. M. Ralph, 2005: The utility of X-band polarimetric radar for quantitative estimates of rainfall parameters. J. Hydrometeor, 6, 248-262.
- Neiman, P.J., B.E. Martner, A.B. White, G.A. Wick, F.M. Ralph, and D.E. Kingsmill, 2005: Wintertime nonbrightband rain in California and Oregon during CALJET and PACJET: Geographic, interannual, and synoptic variability. Mon. Wea. Rev., 133, 1199-1223.
- Persson, P.O.G., P.J. Neiman, B. Walter, and F.M. Ralph, 2005: Contributions from California coastal-zone surface fluxes to heavy coastal precipitation: A CALJET case study during the strong El Niño of 1998. Mon. Wea. Rev., 133, 1175-1198.
- Ralph, F.M., R.M. Rauber, B.F. Jewett, D.E. Kingsmill, P. Pisano, P. Pugner, R.M. Rasmussen, D.W. Reynolds, T.W. Schlatter, R.E. Stewart, and J.S. Waldstreicher, 2005: Improving short term (0-48 hour) cool season quantitative precipitation forecasting: Recommendations from a USWRP workshop. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 86, submitted.
- Ralph, F.M., P.J. Neiman, and R. Rotunno, 2005: Dropsonde Observations in Low-Level Jets Over the Northeastern Pacific Ocean from CALJET-1998 and PACJET-2001: Mean Vertical-Profile and Atmospheric-River Characteristics. Mon. Wea. Rev., 133, 889-910.
- Andrews, E. D., R. C. Antweiler, P. J. Neiman, and F. M. Ralph, 2004: Influence of ENSO on flood frequency along the California coast. J. Climate, 17, 337-348.
- Matrosov, S.Y., 2004: Depolarization estimates from linear H and V measurements with weather radars operating in simultaneous transmission-simultaneous receiving mode. J. Atmos. Oceanic Technol., 21, 574-583.
- Neiman, P. J., F. M. Ralph, D. P. Jorgensen, A. B. White, and D. E. Kingsmill, 2004: Modification of Fronts and Precipitation by Coastal Blocking during an Intense Landfalling Winter Storm in Southern California: Observations during CALJET. Mon. Wea. Rev., 132, 242-273.
- Ralph, F.M., P.J. Neiman, and G.A. Wick, 2004: Satellite and CALJET aircraft observations of atmospheric rivers over the eastern North-Pacific Ocean during the winter of 1997/98. Mon. Wea. Rev., 132, 1721-1745.
- Jorgensen, D. P., P. Zhaoxia, P. O. G. Persson, and W.-K. Tao, 2003: Variations associated with cores and gaps in a Pacific narrow cold frontal rainband. Mon. Wea. Rev., 131, 2705-2729.
- Ralph, F. M., P. J. Neiman, D. E. Kingsmill, P. O. G. Persson, A. B. White, E. T. Strem, E. D. Andrews, and R. C. Antweiler, 2003: The Impact of a Prominent Rain Shadow on Flooding in California's Santa Cruz Mountains: A CALJET Case Study and Sensitivity to the ENSO Cycle J. Hydrometeor., 4, 1243-1264.
- Ralph, F.M., P.J. Neiman, and G.A. Wick, 2003: Atmospheric rivers over the eastern Pacific during CALJET. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 84, 28-29. Invited contribution.
- White, A. B., P. J. Neiman, F. M. Ralph, D. E. Kingsmill, and P. O. G. Persson, 2003:Coastal Orographic Rainfall Processes Observed by Radar during the California Land-Falling Jets Experiment, J. Hydrometeorology, 4, 264-282.
- Neiman, P. J., F. M. Ralph, A. B. White, D. E. Kingsmill, and P. O. G. Persson, 2002: The Statistical Relationship between Upslope Flow and Rainfall in California's Coastal Mountains: Observations during CALJET, Mon. Wea. Rev., 130, 1468-1492.
- Neiman, P.J., F.M. Ralph, A.B. White, D.A. Kingsmill, and P.O.G. Persson, 2002: Coastal Rainfall in California. Papers of note: Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 83, 519-520 . Invited contribution.
- White, A. B., D. J. Gottas, E. T. Strem, F. M. Ralph, and P. J. Neiman, 2002:An Automated Brightband Height Detection Algorithm for Use with Doppler Radar Spectral Moments, Atmos. Oceanic Technol., 19, 687-697.
- Michelson, S.A. and Bao, J-W , 2001: Sensitivity of Numerical Simulations of Mesoscale Features associated with a Land-falling cyclone to model physics. NOAA Technical Memorandum, OAR ETL-302, 38 pp.
- Nuss, W. A., and D. K. Miller, 2001: Mesoscale predictability under various synoptic regimes, Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics, 8, 429-438.
- Bao, J-W. S.A. Michelson, J.M. Wilczak, F.M. Ralph, P.O.G Persson, and R.J. Zamora, 2000: A Case Study of the Impact of Offshore P-3 Observations on the Prediction of Coastal Wind and Precipitation. NOAA Technical Memorandum OAR ETL-298, 20 pp.
- Koch, K.C., and F.M. Ralph, 2000: The PACJET program and end users. Weatherzine, #25.
- White, A. B., J. R. Jordan, B. E. Martner, F. M. Ralph, and B. W. Bartram,
2000: Extending the Dynamic Range of
an S-Band Radar for Cloud and Precipitation Studies, J. Atmos. Oceanic
Technol., 17, 1226-1234.