Michael ScheuererResearch Scientist
I received my graduate degree and Ph.D. in mathematics with an emphasis on spatial statistics. Since then I have focused on statistical applications in meteorology.
- Hemri, S., Scheuerer, M., Pappenberger, F., Bogner, K. and Haiden, T. (2014): Trends in the predictive performance of raw ensemble weather forecasts. Geophysical Research Letters. To appear.
- Scheuerer, M. and Hamill, T.M. (2014): Variogram-based proper scoring rules for probabilistic forecasts of multivariate quantities. Monthly Weather Review, to appear.
- Thorarinsdottir, T.L., Scheuerer, M. and Heinz, C. (2014): Assessing the calibration of high-dimensional ensemble forecasts using rank histograms. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, to appear.
- Feldmann, K., Scheuerer, M. and Thorarinsdottir, T.L. (2014): Spatial postprocessing of ensemble forecasts for temperature using nonhomogeneous Gaussian regression. Monthly Weather Review, to appear.
- Scheuerer, M. and König, G. (2014): Gridded, locally calibrated, probabilistic temperature forecasts based on ensemble model output statistics. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, 140(685): 2582-2590.
- Probabilistic weather forecasting