Michael ScheuererNRC Research Associate
I received my graduate degree and Ph.D. in mathematics with an emphasis on spatial statistics. Since then I have focused on statistical applications in meteorology.
- Scheuerer, M. and Hamill, T.M. (preprint): Variogram-based proper scoring rules for probabilistic forecasts of multivariate quantities.
- Scheuerer, M. and Gneiting, T. (2014): Evaluating predictive performance. Mathematics of Planet Earth, Lecture Notes in Earth System Sciences, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 15-18.
- Scheuerer, M. and Büermann, L. (2014): Spatially adaptive post-processing of ensemble forecasts for temperature. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series C, 63(3): 405-422.
- Scheuerer, M. (2014): Probabilistic quantitative precipitation forecasting using ensemble model output statistics. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, 140(680): 1086-1096.
- Probabilistic weather forecasting