- Ray, A.J., Joseph J. Barsugli, Jr., Klaus E. Wolter, Jon K. Eischeid. 2010. Rapid-Response Climate Assessment to Support the FWS Status Review of the American Pika. pdf available from also available from ESRL news.
- Rajagopalan, Balaji, Kenneth Nowak, James Prairie, Martin Hoerling, Benjamin Harding, Joseph Barsugli, Andrea Ray, & Bradley Udall. 2009. Water Supply Risk on the Colorado River: Can Management Mitigate? Water Resources Research Water Resources Research 45: W08201, doi:10.1029/2008WR007652, available from WRR online. pdf
- Kenney, Douglas, Andrea J. Ray, Ben Harding, Roger Pulwarty, & Brad Udall. 2009. Rethinking Vulnerability on the Colorado River. In press Journal of Contemporary Water . pdf
- Lowery, J.L., A.J. Ray , R.S. Webb. 2009. Factors Influencing the Use of Climate Information by Colorado Municipal Water Managers. pdf Journal of Climate Research 40: 103-119. .
- Ray, A.J., J.J. Barsugli, K.B Averyt, K.Wolter, M. Hoerling, 2008.
Colorado Climate Change: A Synthesis To Support Water Resource Management and Adaptation, a report for the Colorado Water Conservation Board by the NOAA-CU Western Water Assessment, available at: CWCB Climate Change
- Ray, A.J., 2008. Water Resources Decision-Makers and their needs for Decadal Climate Prediction. CLIVAR Variations Newsletter pp 8-11, October 2008.
- Ray, A.J., G.M. Garfin, M. Wilder, M. Vasquez-Leon, & A.C.Comrie 2006. Applications of monsoon research: Opportunities to inform decisionmaking and reduce regional vulnerability. Journal of Climate 20: 1608-1627.
- Ray, A.J., G.M. Garfin, L. Brito-Castillo, M. Cortez-Vazquez, H.F. Diaz, J. Garatuza-Payan, D.Gochis, R. Lobato-Sanchez, R. Varady, C. Watts. 2006. Monsoon region climate applications:
Integrating climate science with regional planning and policy. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, BAMS June 2007 DOI:10.1175/BAMS-88-6-xxx.
- Ray, A.J, and D. Kenney. 2007. Critical challenges in incorporating climate into management of the Colorado River. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Meteorological Society, San Antonio, TX, January 2007
- Ray, A.J., J.J. Barsugli, and T. Hamill. 2007. Integrating assessments of user needs with weather research: developing user-centric tools for reservoir management. 2007. Poster to be presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Meteorological Society, San Antonio, TX, January 2007. AMS Extended Abstract.
- Ray, A.J. 2003. Reservoir management in the Interior West: the influence of climate variability and
functional linkages of water. Pp 193-217 in Climate, water, and transboundary challenges in
the Americas, Henry Diaz and Barbara Morehouse, eds. Kluwer Press.
- Ray, A. J., N. Schmidt, B. J. Morehouse, and R. S. Webb, 2003: Report on Research Opportunities
for Climate and Society Interactions in the North American Monsoon Region. Proceedings of the Workshop on
Applications and Human Dimensions of Monsoon Research 18-20 June, 2001, Tucson, AZ,
Institute for the Study of Planet Earth, University of Arizona, 61pp. Report
- Ray, A.J., and R.S. Webb. 2000. Demand-side perspective on climate services for reservoir management. Proceedings of the Climate Diagnostics and Prediction Workshop, Palisades, NY, 23-27 October 2000. pp 219-222.abstract.
- Ray, A.J., and R.S. Webb, 2000. CDC Experimental Climate Services: some perspectives from Current activities, Proceedings of the NOAA Applied Research Centers meeting, March 20-23, 2000, Palisades, NY. pp 219-222.   abstract.
- Ray, A.J. 2000. Climate and Water Management in the Interior West: a critical water problems approach, Proceedings of the 16th Annual Pacific Climate Workshop on Climate Variability of the Eastern North Pacific and Western North America (PACLIM) , May 24-27 1999. Tehnical Report 65 of the Interagency Ecological Program for the Sacramento-San Joachin Delta., pp 171-182.  abstract.