- Lessons learned from the 2000s Western drought: Evolving linkages between research and services. Invited presentation at the NOAA Climate Diagnostics & Prediction Workshop/CLIVAR drought meeting in Oct 2008 in Lincoln, NE.
- Utah Water Users Association, Salt Lake City, UT, December 3, 2007
- IPCC Fourth Assessment Report: Physical Basis of Climate Change and Adaptation, Impacts and Vulnerability presentation to the Colorado River Water Conservation District: State of the River meeting, May 16, 2007, Frisco, CO
- Integrated and Adaptive Reservoir Management in the Context of Hydroclimatic Variability: a Case Study of the Gunnison Basin, Colorado, Eos Trans. AGU, 88(52), Fall Meet. Suppl., Abstract H24A-02.
- Ray, A.J. and D. Kenney. 2007. Critical challenges in incorporating climate into management of the Colorado River. Presentation at the AMS Second Symposium on Policy and Socio-economic Research, 2007 AMS Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, January 2007.
- Ray, A.J., D.L. Lettenmaier, and R. Lobato Sanchez. 2007. Intraseasonal to Interannual hydrologic forecasting for Mexico: new products and forecasts and their potential uses. Proceedings of the 2006 North American Drought Monitor Meeting, Mexico City, MX, NOAA National Climatic Data Center.
- Ray, A.J., and J.L. Lowrey, 2006. Uses and needs for climate information by municipal water providers on the Front Range of Colorado. Presentation at the NOAA Climate Prediction Assessment Workshop, March 21-24, 2006, Tucson, AZ.
- Climate Products and Forecasts: Resources for Understanding Climate and How They Can be Utilized. Presentation at the "Water, Drought, and Wyoming's Climate Workshop,"October 5, 2006, Laramie, WY.
- Ray & Pulwarty,2005
- Ray, A.J. The North American Monsoon:an opportunity for regional science to serve society, in session on "Drought, Water Supply, Fire: How Does Regional Science Serve society?" Accepted for the 2004 Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers, Philadelphia, PA, March 14-19, 2004.abstract
- Ray, A.J. What the 2002 drought revealed about user needs for Western regionalclimate services, accepted for the 2004 Annual Meeting of the American Meteorological Society, Seattle, WA, January 2004. abstract
- Ray, A.J. 2003. Climate information and multipurpose water management in the Gunnison Basin, Colorado: A user study approach. Seminar presented to the NCAR Environment and Societal Impacts Group, April, 2002.
- Ray, A.J., R.S. Webb, and R.S. Pulwarty 2003. A user study approach for identifying needs for regional climate services. 2003 AMS Annual Meeting, Long Beach, CA. abstract
- Ray, A.J. and R.S. Pulwarty 2002. Incorporating climate information in water resources management: What do we know and what do we need to know? In session on "Incorporating ClimateVariability information in Water Resources Decision making," chaired by Rajagopalan and Bradley at the Annual Meeting of the American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, CA. abstract
Ray, A.J., and R.S. Pulwarty. 2002. Incorporating climate information inwater resources management: What do we know and what do we need to know?" NOAA Climate Prediction Assessment Workshop, Oct 2002, Alexandria, VA.
- Ray, A.J. 2001. Geographical concepts in a regional case study: Climate variability and water management in western Colorado. Session on 'Asserting Geography in the "New" Place-based science,' session organizers, Barbara Morehouse and Melinda Laiturito. 2001 Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers, New York, NY, 27 Feb-3 March, 2001.>abstract
- Ray, A.J., and R.S. Webb. 2000. Demand-side perspective on climate services for reservoir management. Climate Diagnostics and Prediction Workshop, Palisades, NY, 23-27 October 2000.   abstract.
Ray, A.J. Robin S. Webb, and John Wiener, 2001. Analysis current uses and user needs for water management in the Interior West. a poster for the AMS annual meeting, January 2001, Albuquerque, NM     abstract.
- Ray, A.J., and R.S. Webb, 2000. CDC Experimental Climate Services: some perspectives from current activities, presentation at the NOAA Applied Research Centers meeting, March 20-23, 2000, Palisades, NY   abstract.
- Ray, A.J., 2000. Seasonal forecasts and water management in the Upper Colorado Basin: using climate information to assist ecosystem management an oral presentation for the AMS annual meeting, January 2000, Long Beach, CA   abstract.
- Ray, A.J. and K.T.Redmond. 1999. 1999-2000 winter season outlook and interpretation. Poster presentation at the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation River Systems Management Workshop, October 19-21, 1999, Reno, NV
- Ray, A.J. 1999. Climate and Water Management in the Interior West: a critical water problems approach, presented at the 16th Annual Pacific Climate Workshop on Climate Variability of the Eastern North Pacific and Western North America (PACLIM)   abstract.
- Ray, A.J. 1999. Colorado Basin Water Management: Relating Responses to Critical Water Problems and Climate, presented at the 1999 Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers, Honolulu, HI, 23-27 March, 1999.abstract