Tropical C-LIM Forecasts : 2-9 month leads
(Experimental NOAA/ESRL PSD and CIRES/University of Colorado Forecast)C-LIM VERSION 3.2beta: Interim update. Resolution improved to 2x2 degree, replaced NCEP R1 winds with CFSR winds, and updates one day sooner. STILL IN BETA; SOME PARTS INCOMPLETE.
- Forecast maps of OLR/200 mb winds and SST/850 mb winds (anomalies)
- Forecast maps of OLR and SSTs (totals)
- Forecast/verification of Nino34 index
- Latest forecast verification maps of Months 2-9 SST/850 mb wind and OLR/200 mb wind anomalies
- Past forecast verification maps of SST/850 mb wind and OLR/200 mb wind anomalies
- Cross-validated forecast skill for OLR and SST anomalies (1982-2011)
Standard disclaimer: these forecasts are experimental. NOAA/PSD and CIRES/University of Colorado are not responsible for any loss occasioned by the use of these forecasts.
Please note: If you acquire C-LIM tropical Forecasts from NOAA/PSD and CIRES/University of Colorado, we ask that you acknowledge us in your use of the data. This may be done by including a citation in any documents or publications using these data, for example: "C-LIM tropical Forecast data provided by the NOAA/ESRL Physical Sciences Division and CIRES/University of Colorado, Boulder, CO from their website at http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/, based upon the model described in Newman et al. (2009)." We would also greatly appreciate receiving a copy of the relevant publication. This will help NOAA/PSD and CIRES/University of Colorado to justify keeping the C-LIM Forecast data freely available online in the future. Thank you!