Pacific North American Pattern (PNA)
Pattern of variability in the northern hemisphere Pacific/American Region.
- Calculation Method:
The indices are based on centers-of-action of 500mb height patterns. These time series utilize the NCEP/NCAR R1 dataset. The region is [(15-25N, 180-140W)-(40-50N, 180-140W)+(45-60N, 125W-105W)-(25-35N, 90W-70W)].
- Time Interval: Daily
- Time Coverage: 1948-near present
- Update Status: Daily
- Get Data:
- Data is from NOAA/ESRL PSD
- Daily Teleconnections Forecasts including PNA Forecast plot
- Monthly PNA (different source)
- NOAA/CPC's PNA Information