- Frisch, A. S., Matthew Shupe, Irina Djalalova, Graham Feingold, Mike Poellot, On the Retrieval of Effective Radius with Cloud Radars, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, submitted.
- Frisch, A. S., Brooks Martner, Irina Djalalova, and Mike Poellot, Comparisons of Radar/Radiometer Retrievals of Stratus Cloud Liquid Water Content Profiles with in situ Measurements by Aircraft, Journal of Geophysical Research, 105, 15361-15364.
- Hobbs, P. V., A. L. Rangno, M. D. Shupe, and T. Uttal, 2001: Airborne studies of cloud structures over the Arctic Ocean and comparisons with deductions from ship-based 35-GHz radar measurements. J. Geophys. Res., 106, 15,029-15,044.
- Intrieri, J. M., Matthew D. Shupe, Taneil Uttal, Brandi J. McCarty. An Annual Cycle of Arctic Cloud Characteristics Observed by Radar and Lidar at SHEBA , JGR, SHEBA Special Issue, 2001.
- Intrieri, J. M., Chris W. Fairall, Matthew D. Shupe, P. Ola G. Persson, Ed L. Andreas, Peter S. Guest, Richard E. Moritz. An Annual Cycle of Arctic Surface Cloud Forcing at SHEBA , JGR, SHEBA Special Issue, 2001.
- Khvorostyanov, V. I., J. A. Curry, J. O. Pinto, M. Shupe, B.A. Baker, and K. Sassen, 2001: Modeling with explicit spectral water and ice microphysics of a two-layer cloud system of altostratus and cirrus observed during the FIRE Arctic Clouds Experiment. J. Geophys. Res., 106, 15,099-15,112.
- Minnis, P., D. R. Doelling, V. Chakrapani, D. A. Spangenberg, L. Nguyen, R. Palikonda, T. Uttal, R. F. Arduini, and M. Shupe, 2001: Cloud coverage and height during FIRE ACE derived from AVHRR data. J. Geophys. Res., 106, 15,215-15,232.
- Shupe, M. D., T. Uttal, S. Y. Matrosov, A. S. Frisch, 2001: Cloud Water Contents and Hydrometeor Sizes During the FIRE-Arctic Clouds Experiement. J. Geophys. Res., 106, 15,015-15,028.
- Westwater,E.R., Y. Han, M. D. Shupe, S. Y. Matrosov, 2001: Analysis of integrated cloud liquid and precipitable water vapor retrievals from microwave radiometers during SHEBA. J. Geophys. Res., 106, 32,019-32,030.