Reservations are required for the weekly public tour offered each Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. All tours are free to the public.
- To make a reservation for the weekly public tour, please visit our Sign-Up Page.
- For all school tours, including K-12 and universities, please call 303-497-4091.
- For special group tours, please call 303-497-4091.
Tours of the David Skaggs Research Center last approximately 1.5 hours and include stops at the Space Weather Prediction Center, ESRL Global Monitoring Division for information on the carbon dioxide record, the National Weather Service Forecast Office, and Science On a Sphere.
Tour stop descriptions can be found on the NOAA Boulder Resources page. For recorded information about the tour, call 303-497-3333.
See Visiting ESRL for maps and directions.
Security Procedure for Visitors
- Visitors are required to sign in and receive a visitor badge from the Visitors Center.
- Visitors to the site who are U.S. citizens must present a U.S. photo ID, such as a current state driver's license. Foreign Nationals must present a valid passport or a permanent resident ID ("green card"). All IDs must be originals only – no photocopies accepted.
- To receive a visitor badge, all visitors are required to park next to the Visitors Center and enter. Security personnel will make a badge and conduct screening. Security personnel will also inspect vehicles prior to entrance of the site.
- These are our requirements as per Homeland Security regardless of security threat level. If you have any questions, please contact Clark Price, Acting Chief, DOC Police, (301) 975-8911.