Maps and Lodging
Directions to GSD
GSD is located in the David Skaggs Research Center (DSRC) at 325 Broadway, in Boulder, Colorado, next to the Department of Commerce National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST) building.
Driving Directions from DIA
- Exit Denver International Airport via Peña Boulevard.
- Take Peña Boulevard to I-70 West.
- Split right on I-270 North (Exit 279), toward Ft. Collins and follow across I-25 to US-36 toward Boulder.
- Take US-36 (Boulder Turnpike) West.
- Exit US-36 at Baseline Road (University of Colorado Main Campus exit).
- Keep left and turn left (West) onto Baseline.
- Keep left and turn left at the first light onto 27th Way.
- Stay in the middle lane and turn left onto Broadway.
- Take the second right at the light onto Rayleigh Rd. and bear right into the Visitors Center parking lot.
- Exit Peña Boulevard at E-470 and follow to US-36. Tolls are $8.50 each way.
Regional bus service to Boulder is available through the RTD. The AB bus provides service between Boulder and the Denver International Airport. The B bus provides regional service between Denver and Boulder. Ash Avenue and Broadway is the closest stop to the visitor center and is served by the Skip, Dash, AB, B, DD, DM, GS, and J bus routes. The Flatiron Park-n-Ride (Broadway and 27th Way) is also close by and is additionally served by the Bound and the 204 routes.
Security Procedure for Visitors
- Visitors are required to sign in and receive a visitor badge from the Visitors Center at the Security Checkpoint. Visitors will need to present a U.S. photo ID or foreign passport. No other forms of identification are accepted. Please bring your Green Card if you have one.
- To receive a visitor badge, all visitors are required to park next to the Security Checkpoint and enter the Visitors Center to be screened before proceeding to their destination.
- These are our requirements as per Homeland Security regardless of security threat level. If you have any questions, please contact Keith Turbitt at (303) 497-4332
Lodging and Dining
DSRC has an on-site cafeteria, which is open for breakfast and lunch.