Abstracts for the Global Monitoring Annual Conference must be submitted online by filling out the online submission form. Please click on the button below if you plan on giving a presentation, either oral or poster, at the ESRL Global Monitoring Conference for 2015.
You can view last years oral and poster abstracts: 2014 Conference Book of Abstracts
For oral presenters, as a reminder, the conference sessions follow standard AGU format (15 minutes per presentation). The 15 minutes is broken down into 12 minutes for the speaker and 3 minutes for Q&A with the audience. The time schedule will be strictly adhered to, please plan accordingly and limit your presentation to roughly 12-14 slides.
For poster presenters, we will collect posters from you at the check-in table beginning at the start of the conference. Please deliver posters to this table by the end of the lunch break on Tuesday, May 19th for the poster session that afternoon. Poster space is restricted to 4ft x 4ft (48in x 48in). Please print your poster to fit within the allocated space. GMD will print posters for foreign participants: please email your poster files at least a week prior to the meeting.
- Submission — All abstracts should be submitted using the online form reached by clicking the button above. If you have problems submitting an abstract with the online form, send your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Cheryl.Findley@noaa.gov. Cheryl can be contacted by phone at 303-497-6083.
- Time — Papers are given a total of 15 minutes. You should allow up to 5 minutes of that time for discussion.
- Deadlines — Submission deadline is April 1, 2015. Abstracts that do not arrive by the submission deadline may be accepted only after special consideration. Contact ESRL/GMAC Information before submitting a late abstract. You will be notified of acceptance for a presentation or poster by April 15, 2015.
- Length of Abstracts — The complete abstract, including title, authors, text, images and image captions, must fit onto one letter sized (8.5x11") page. A maximum of two images is allowed. At least one image is required. Abstracts may be edited, if necessary, for clarity, grammar, style, and length. If the abstract submission is too large to fit on one page, the author will be requested to resubmit a shortened abstract.
- Format — Abstracts submitted are reformatted to be compatible with the automated publication software that is used to publish the conference abstract book. Image location and size will likely change in order to best fit onto the single abstract page.
- Poster session — Authors may present any paper for the meeting as a poster if desired. If you wish to present a poster paper, under "Presentation Information," check "Request that this abstract be considered for a poster." Some papers that are requested for an oral presentation may be changed to a poster presentation depending on time availability and subject matter.
- Revisions — If you need to make changes to your abstract after it has been submitted, send them directly by email to email@example.com.
- If you have any questions, contact the ESRL/GMD webmaster.