Awards / Memberships
- NASA Group Achievement Award, GloPac Science Team, 2011
- NASA Group Achievement Award, ARCTAS Science Team, 2009
- NASA Group Achievement Award, TC-4 Science Team, 2008
- NOAA Bronze Award, "for demonstrating the usefulness of unmanned aircraft systems in accomplishing NOAA's mission, including operation and research goals" awarded to James Churnside, James Elkins, David Fahey, Albin Gasiewski, Samuel Oltmans, Karen Rosenlof, and Sara Summers, 2007
- NASA Group Achievement Award, UARS Team, 2006
- NASA Group Achievement Award, CRYSTAL-FACE Science Team, 2003
- NASA Group Achievement Award, CAMEX 4 Science Team, 2002
- Clarence Leroy Meisinger Award, American Meteorological Society, 2000, "for outstanding observational and theoretical analysis of the stratospheric circulation and trace constituent transport."
- NOAA/ERL Outstanding Paper Award, 1998 and 2001
2001: Oltmans, S. J., H. Vömel, D. J. Hofmann, K. H. Rosenlof, D. Kley, 2000: The increase in stratospheric water vapor from balloonborne, frostpoint hygrometer measurements at Washington, D.C., and Boulder, Colorado Geophys. Res. Lett., 2, 3453-3457.
1998: Rosenlof, K. H., A. F. Tuck, K. K. Kelly, J. M. Russell III, M. P. McCormick, 1997: Hemispheric asymmetries in water vapor and inferences about transport in the lower stratosphere, J. Geophys. Res., 102, 13213-13234. (ASHOE/MAESA special section)
- NASA Group Achievement Award, POLARIS Project Team, 1997