Ground-based Lidar Operations
|TEA CO2 10 µm Doppler Lidar|
|Measures:||radial wind, aerosol backscatter|
|Spatial coverage:||full-hemispheric scans|
|Range:||1 - 10 (or more) km|
|Ozone Profiling Atmospheric Lidar (OPAL)|
|Measures:||ozone, aerosol backscatter|
|Spatial coverage:||vertical slice scan (30° - 150°), horizontal|
|Range:||0.3 - 3 km|
|Resolution:||90 m (ozone), 15 m (aerosol)|
Availability: 18 August - 15 September 2000
Operation: 0600 - 2200 CDT most days
- Characterize the dynamics of the gulf, bay, and land breezes andtheir effect on pollutant distribution
- Document the temporal evolution and 2-D structure of ozone andaerosol concentration
- TEA CO2 Doppler lidar More Details...
Series of survey scans executed on the hour and half-hour
- PPIs: 0, 2, 4, 6, 10, 25 degrees elevation, 360 degrees in azimuth
- RHIs: 0, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150 degrees azimuth, horizon-to-horizon
Special scans (PPIs, RHIs, Raster scans) to fill out the half hour
Series of 5-min stares at 2, 10, 30 and 90 degrees elevation repeated every 20 minutes. This provides composite ozone and aerosol profiles from near the ground to 3km AGL at a time resolution of 20 minutes.
In case of transient events (e.g. breeze front passage) switch to extended stares at appropriate angle as advised by TEACO2 operators.