Backtrajectories from NOAA R/V Ronald H. Brown during VOCALS
Tracer time series
In these files the first, 2nd and 3rd column represents the month, day and hour. The 4th,5th ... 19th column represents the cumulative mixing ratio (in ppbv) after 12hours,24h, ... 8 days of transport.
- Select a retroplume by clicking on the altitude time series picture. The origin of the retroplume along the flight track is highlighted by a red box on the altitude time series image and the latitude and longitude map.
- Click on the left and right arrows to select the previous or the next retroplume. The time period and average altitude of the selected retroplume are displayed in the text boxes.
- Select the product that you want from the option list.
- Click on the "Image" button to display the image.
- Click a second time on the altitude time series image or left or right arrows to select a new retroplume.
- The color code is in percent of the greatest residence time in a grid cell for the surface and total column residence time plots, and in ppbv for the surface contribution tracer plots. The numbers ranging from 1 to 8 visible on these plots represent the position of the center of mass of the retroplume after 1, 3 ... and up to 8 days of transport.